04 May 2012

intoxicated

It's rare I wear colognes and I don't remember Russ ever wearing one since the day we met. My first cologne was Halston Z-14 and after that the classic Chanel Pour Monsieur. Did you know there's a real "Love Potion Number 9?" I don't know what's passing for it on the market, but the one I smelled was from a recipe found in the oldest apothecary in the US (smelled too much of cloves and age). At a thrift store I saw these women buzzing around a bottle over the counter, it was a half filled bottle of old Old Spice from the 70's, the original formula they don't make anymore (I snatched it for $5 and it's the only scent the women in my family comment on). I love the smell of gasoline so I'm trying to find the discontinued Tar & Skai cologne or Tubereuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens that will give me that "justed pumped (gasoline)" stank. Santa Maria Novella's Nostalgia is suppose to smell like a the whole race car. I'd like to try House of Segura's Amante, but I'm not holding my breath.

6 comments:

  1. I like men that smell like laundry detergent. Mmmmmmmmmm. They should bottle april scented downey. mmmmmmm men. Love Potion #9? Seriously!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rub hubby with a Downey fabric softener and say you heard it's good for the pores and spider veins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL

    my new peep show is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't embedding like the last one, I'll try again tonite ; )

    Let's see if we can make it into a Pay-per-view feature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't underestimate the "Horny Housewife" market.

    ReplyDelete

I eat your comments with jam and butter.