29 November 2009

Hard Yolk



Every holiday I'm expected to bring kitch food deviled eggs. I know how to make garlic bread and deviled eggs, It's like being able to play only two strings of a guitar, but I do it well. Whenever my sister has one of her parties she's famous for (she had a party for some Filipino friends and she served a whole spit roasted pig the size of a midget), it's always "bring your deviled eggs Poncho" when I know she really means "mom always preferred you, so why don't you make it up to me with mixing mayo with some egg yolks and stick it back in the egg with a little sprinkle of paprika you spoiled little shit."


My secret to my deviled eggs is an ass load of MSG.

9 comments:

  1. Great picture! Nick cave loves his devilled eggs- purely because they have the word "devil" in the title. I'm ashamed to say i've never actually eaten them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people never tried it because it went extinct with bananas foster and welsh rarebit in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is why I like them. They're "vintage". ha. I make mine with butter and mustard though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butter? Stop screwing with my reality Trixie. I use Bob's Big Boy Seasoning Salt and like the second ingredient listed after salt is MSG. Everybody leaves the party with headaches, but they sure dig my eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is like an epiphany for me. I'm known for perfect deviled eggs, every time - and I've been dying for some jolt to shake up the complacency and take my deviled eggs to the next level! MSG. For eggs that make you say "umami!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. or say "I feel dizzy, am I having a seizure???"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The size of a what? Ha! You are so wicked! I'm telling friend Reno, who prefers to be called Big Prick, he said that the little person crap isn't for him, but he'll take mean-assed midget any day ;) I'm serious. He said that at the airport and people were staring at us, to which he asked "You never seen a freaking midget?" I wanted to die, but you got to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll eat anything deviled.

    I have to say though, whenever I see poncho and eggs in the same sentence I can't help but think of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MG,

    A mean-assed midget named Reno who wants to be called "Big Prick?" He is fuckin' amazing, fantastic and I think I'll swallow my tongue now!

    Teezy,

    I find few things cute, but that really took it.

    ReplyDelete

I eat your comments with jam and butter.