12 May 2009

Scrubbing Bubbles

A few years ago I started to think about the upkeep of my looks. I always worked out, did ton's of swimming and running since I was in High School so I had my form already covered, but I never cared about things like moisturizers or gels or scrubs. I saw how Viggo Mortenson, who is like 48 now and he looks like this, was aging and I decided I wanted to look as good. The thing is I didn't know where to start (just because I'm gay doesn't mean this knowledge is built in me, like avoiding party hats or wearing bright green) until I saw the beginning of "American Psycho" and his routine (replace his Honey/Almond scrub with my Aluminum Oxid Crystal Mineral scrub and replace daily Herd/Mint facial with my weekly charcoal mask) sounded as good as any other for my morning start.
~If you think I'm vain, go screw yourself in the nicest way.

9 comments:

  1. do you feel like it's working? tighter face? healthier pores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to compare it to, it's not like I had wrinkles before. This is preventative. Check on me again when I'm Viggo's age and chasing college man poon (this is on the assumption Russ my partner has dumped me and I am a free agent).

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg American Psycho is so effffffing great!!!! ...how is it working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bret Easton Ellis based movies.

    The Charcoal mask can be a pain because it takes forever to dry and I look like I'm in blackface when I answer the door, I use the Origins brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sure you are looking quite good and that you will age rather well. men have it lucky in that department, and those that work at it will be even luckier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have good genes already, so I'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a good charcoal masking! You should totally take before and afters! ha
    And you better come with fancy cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about your gay guy, but I only come with Velveeta and a half eaten swiss slice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just out of curiosity, how do I take 'before' and 'after' pictures of my pores?

    ReplyDelete

I eat your comments with jam and butter.